Certificate IV in Aged Care
Health Service Training Australia (HSTA) is taking enrolments into our popular Certificate IV in Aged Care qualification. If you are motivated and love people, then this course offers a great opportunity to gain a supervisory role within a health services environment.
The Certificate IV in Aged Care has been designed to get you working in a supervisory role. In this course you will undertake practical classes 2 days per week for 18 weeks at our training centre located at Level 6, 250 Collins Street, Melbourne.
This course will asist you to develop competence to be able to:
- Carry out activities related to maintaining an individual's well being through personal care and/or other activities of living
- May provide services to individuals with complex needs, and/or work with groups of older people Work may include training and support to promote independence and community participation, which may be provided as part of activities and programs in a variety of settings including residential and centre-based programs
- Report to service managers and liaise with professionals and other service providers
- May be required to supervise and/or coordinate a limited number of other workers.
Occupational titles may include: Accommodation support worker ; Assistant hostel supervisor ; Care supervisor ; Care team leader ; Day activity worker ; Personal care worker ; Program coordinator - social programs ; Residential care worker.
During your course you will be entitled to our Training Guarantee, which enables participants to complete the following short courses at no extra charge: Basic Life Support, CPR, Apply First Aid, Food Safety, and Responsible Service of Alcohol.
During the course we will assist you to create a resume and with our training and these short course certificates we will greatly enhance your employment opportunities.
Course Costs & Inclusions
The course cost is $105.00 or $21.00 with a Health Care Card and entitles each eligible participants to receive:
- Full participation in all training and assessment activities;
- Workbooks for all study modules;
- Certificate IV in Aged Care, a statement of results;
- Compliance Short Course in: Basic Life Support; CPR; First Aid; Food Safety; Responsible Service of Alcohol certification;
- Resume development, Facebook application linking you with employers for integrated job placement and post training support sessions with participants.
This course will include these nationally recognised units of competence:
- CHCAC412B Provide Services to older people with complex needs. Prerequisite: CHCAC318A
- CHCAC416A Facilitate support responsive to the specific nature of dementia
- CHCAC417A Implement interventions with older people at risk of falls
- CHCAD401D Advocate for clients
- CHCCS400C Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework
- CHCICS401B Facilitate support for personal care needs
- CHCICS402B Facilitate individualised plans
- CHCINF403E Coordinate information systems
- CHCNET404B Facilitate links with other services
- CHCORG406C Supervise work
- HLTHIR403C Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- CHCWHS312A Follow safety procedures for direct care work
- CHCDIS410A Facilitate community participation and inclusion
- CHCCS305C Assist clients with medication. * Pre-requisite: HLTAP301B
- CHCDIS301C Work effectively with people with disability
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
To gain entry into CHC40108 Certificate IV in Aged Care a candidate must be recognised as competent, through a recognised training program or recognition process, against the following core units from CHC30212 Certificate III in Aged Care (or equivalent):
- CHCAC318B Work effectively with older people
- CHCAC319A Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCS411B Work effectively in the community sector
- CHCICS303A Support individual health and emotional well being
- CHCPA301B Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- HLTAP301B Recognise healthy body systems in a health care context
Put your Resume at the Top of the List
Health Servies Training Australia assists particiapants to strengthen their resume and employability. Trainers work with students on personal grooming, interview skills, provide them a resume and they receive short course certification at no extra charge: Basic Life Support, CPR, Apply First Aid, Food Safety, and Responsible Service of Alcohol to boost their resume.
Participants are then directed towards applying for well paid, meaningful jobs within the health services industry.
Job Placements Opportunities
Integrated Job Placement
Our course participants are sought after and you will have access to 120 hours work experience, casual and part time employment opportunities within Aged Care facilities across Victoria, but local to where you live.
Our experienced Human Resource department builds for you a resume via our Resume Facebook Application that links you to Nursing Homes and other Aged Care facilities across Melbourne so that you can complete the 120 hours of work experience necessary to complete the final assessment of this qualification.