Certificate III in Aged Care
Health Service Training Australia (HSTA) is taking enrolments into our popular Certificate III in Aged Care qualification. If you are motivated and love people, then this course offers a great opportunity to gain employment as a Personal Care Assistant (PCA).
As a Personal Care Assistant you will have a positive impact on the lives of others through providing personal care, social and emotional support and assisting with aspects of everyday living.
The Certificate III in Aged Care has been designed to get you working as a Personal Care Assistant. In this course you will undertake practical classes 2 days per week for 13 weeks at our training centre located at Level 6, 250 Collins Street, Melbourne.
During your course you will be entitled to our Training Guarantee, which enables participants to complete the following short courses at no extra charge: Basic Life Support, CPR, Apply First Aid, Food Safety, and Responsible Service of Alcohol.
During the course we will assist you to create a resume and with our training and these short course certificates we will greatly enhance your employment opportunities.
Course Costs & Inclusions
The course cost is $105.00 or $21.00 with a Health Care Card and entitles each eligible participants to receive:
- Full participation in all training and assessment activities;
- Workbooks for all study modules;
- CHC30212 Certificate III in Aged Care, a statement of results;
- Compliance Short Course in: Basic Life Support; CPR; First Aid;; Food Safety; Responsible Service of Alcohol certification;
- Resume development, Facebook application linking you with employers for integrated job placement and post training support sessions with participants.
This course will include these nationally recognised units of competence:
- CHCAC317A Support older people to maintain their independence
- CHCAC318B Work effectively with older people
- CHCAC319A Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCS411C Work effectively in the community sector
- CHCICS301B Provide support to meet personal care needs
- CHCICS302B Participate in the implementation of individualised plans
- CHCICS303A Support individual health and emotional well being
- CHCWHS312A Follow WHS safety procedures for direct care work
- CHCPA301B Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- HLTAP301B Recognise healthy body systems in a health care context
- CHCMH301C Work Effectively in Mental Health
- CHCAC316D Provide Food Services
- CHCHC311C Work Effectively in home and community care
- CHCDIS301C Work effectively with people with a disability
Put your Resume at the Top of the List
Health Servies Training Australia assists particiapants to strengthen their resume and employability. Trainers work with students on personal grooming, interview skills, provide them a resume and they receive short course certification at no extra charge: Basic Life Support, CPR, Apply First Aid, Food Safety, and Responsible Service of Alcohol to boost their resume.
Participants are then directed towards applying for well paid, meaningful jobs within the health services industry.
Job Placements Opportunities
Integrated Job Placement
Our course participants are sought after and you will have access to 120 hours work experience, casual and part time employment opportunities within Aged Care facilities across Victoria, but local to where you live.
Our experienced Human Resource department builds for you a resume via our Resume Facebook Application that links you to Nursing Homes and other Aged Care facilities across Melbourne so that you can complete the 120 hours of work experience necessary to complete the final assessment of this qualification.